Between April 13-27 Sooke RCMP responded to 160 calls for service.
Although Staff Sergeant Steven Wright said nothing really big happened they did happen to find 400 marijuana plants in two separate locations, and they did respond to three injury accidents.
• Police executed a search warrant on a property in the 2200 block of Carpenter Road where they found 60 marijuana plants, three unsecured firearms and three children in the house. The children were dealt with by the Ministry of Children and Family Development and the parents are scheduled for their first court appearance on July 28. The male is 47 years old and the female is 45.
• On April 24, at 11 a.m., while police were searching for someone who took off from the police they came upon a marijuana grow operation on Robinson Road. Police discovered 340 marijuana plants, two long barrel weapons and one handgun, all unregistered.
Charges are expected and the file is still under investigation.
“It was so blatantly obvious,” said Wright in regard to the grow op. “It was too easy.”
He said the RCMP receives confidential information and the majority of search warrants come from information received.
• The first motor vehicle accident occurred on April 14 at approximately 2 p.m. Two vehicles were traveling west along West Coast Road at Otter Point Road near Gordon’s Beach when one of the drivers decided to veer off towards the mailbox. The driver behind hit her, resulting in minor injuries with two people taken to Victoria General Hospital.
• On April 16 at approx. 10 a.m. Sooke RCMP was called out to an incident at the gravel pit on Anderson Road in Shirley. A vehicle had rolled over and two people had significant injuries and were taken to hospital with back and neck injuries. The incident is under investigation.
• On April 17 at 7:20 a.m. police responded to a single vehicle accident three kms east of Port Renfrew. The incident actually happened on April 16. The driver was driving too fast for conditions and swerved to avoid a deer and hit a concrete barrier and went 30 feet down an embankment. Two people sustained minor injuries.
If you know of crime that has been committed call Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).