District of Sooke council has named its acting mayors for 2017.
During the absence, illness or other disability of the mayor, the acting mayor has all the powers of, and is subject to the same rules, as the mayor.
Annually, council must approve an acting mayor from among its members for each month of the upcoming year.
The schedule for 2017:
• Coun. Rick Kasper, January and February
• Coun. Kerrie Reay, March and April
• Coun. Bev Berger, May and June
• Coun. Ebony Logins, July and August
• Coun. Brenda Parkinson, September and October
• Coun. Kevin Pearson, November and December