1. What is the biggest challenge facing the Sooke Region Museum?
We need to catch up on much of the backroom stuff, such as cataloguing our collection. Once we have done this, we can then focus more on programming and new exhibits.
2. If you didn’t do what you did for a living, what would you be?
My father was a documentary film maker with the National Film Board, I think this would be a great career.
3. What’s playing in your music player right now?
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People moaning about what is not right in our community, but without having a realistic solution or an understanding of how things work.
5. What’s the best thing about living in Sooke?
The wild coast!
6. What’s your favorite movie(s)?
Local Hero, it still puts a smile on my face after so many viewing.
7. Which person, alive or dead, would you have dinner with?
8. What’s your favourite vacation destination?
Spain. I did a six week solo trip a few years back and found the food, people and history just amazing.
9. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Well for me it would be “patience”. Ok, it might not be a typical super power, but it would be an ability that would be great to have.
10. What’s the one thing you haven’t done that you’d love to do?
Recently an autobiography that my great grandfather wrote was translated into English, I would love to see the places that he mentioned in the Ukraine.
11. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
There are certainly bands that no longer exists that I would love to have seen, but really its one that I did see, that I wish I could see again, just to properly appreciate it and that would be one of the Queen concerts I went to as a teenager. Being able to experience that performance once again would be amazing.
12. What is your favourite TV show?
For an escape, I enjoy British mystery programs.
13. What’s your dream car?
Do not really have one. I did own a 1966 Volvo many years ago. I would not mind having one again as at least I could do most of the work on it myself. Today, with all the computers and electronics, I seldom even open the hood.
14. Where is your favourite place to dine?
Oh, this is a challenge. With the museum also being the official Visitor Centre, we are not supposed to show a bias towards one local place over another, so I will exclude any places in our region… There is something amazing about walking along Calle Navas in Granada from place to place and getting amazing tapas at each restaurant. Yet right now in my life, it would be the opportunity to site outside at a café in France with a Calvados, coffee and a croissant and watching the people walk by.
15. What are your words to live by?
Well, I guess I would quote Frank Turner’s song Four Simple Words: “I want to dance!”