Letters: Shocked at the loss

The destructive fire in Sooke showed amazing community spirit

We have been away in Alberta working on the farm with no computer or TV access and were shocked to hear about the fire in the mall and loss of so many businesses.

So very sorry and sad to see the ruins.  However, despite major losses, thankfully everyone was safe throughout it all.

It was amazing to hear that you published the Sooke NewsMirror the next week and other businesses have temporarily re-located and all of you making the best of things.

Amazing community spirit. Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you all and good luck with rebuilding.

We always look forward to reading the Mirror every week.

Jeanette Umbach

Sooke