It’s been a very busy summer at the library (and we’re having lots of fun).
In addition to our Summer Reading Club, we’re offering the programs listed below.
I’m especially excited about our joint programs with the Sooke Region Historical Museum on Saturday, July 27 and SEAPARC on Tuesday, August 13.
• Farmer Dave’s Storytime – Tuesday, July 23 at 2 p.m.
• Hundreds of Years in the Making: An exciting Journey Through Sooke’s History – Saturday, July 27 at 10:30 a.m.
• If You’re a Pirate and You Know it Say “ARGHHH”! – Thursday, August 1 at 10:30 a.m.
• Up, Up and Away! Calling All Superheros – Tuesday, August 6 at 11 a.m.
• Prepare for Take Off! – Thursday, August 8 at 10:30 a.m.
• Summer Reading Club Wrap-Up Party at SEAPARC – Tuesday, August 13 at 11 a.m.
Plus every Wednesday from 4 – 8 p.m., we offer a free, drop-in arts and crafts program. It’s been very popular; various supplies are provided, “playing around” with materials is encouraged and all ages are welcome. People just need to bring their imaginations! There’s no need to register; for more information, call 250-642-3022.
Finally, our Tuesday evening Knitting Circle continues to attract new and returning members. All skill levels are welcome; basic instruction is available for beginners (bring a pair of 5mm straight needles, and either “dishcloth cotton” or “worsted-weight yarn” of medium-to-light colour). It’s held Tuesdays from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. There’s no need to register; for more information, call 250-642-3022.
The Sooke branch of the Vancouver Island Regional Library is located at 2065 Anna Marie Road.