The popular Summer Reading Club launches on Wednesday, July 2.
The club is free and encourages kids aged 0-12 years old to keep up and even advance their reading skills while on holidays.
We’re inviting young readers (and not-yet-readers) to laugh, giggle, and chuckle their way to the library to join in all the Summer Reading Club fun with this year’s theme: Funny Business.
Kids can register online beginning Saturday, June 14 and continuing until Saturday, August 9.
There are many free programs that will be offered by the library this summer (they are also hosting some non-Summer Reading Club programs for adults, too).
Each summer, Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL) offers the free Summer Reading Club to help children stay on top of this important skill while they are out of school.
The Summer Reading Club motivates kids to read by providing:
• Materials so kids can track their reading success: prizes, reading records, and stickers.
• Weekly programs based on the theme “Funny Business” to keep kids interested in returning to the library and having fun.
• Medals for all children who complete a reading record.
• Wind-up parties with a professional performer to celebrate Summer Readers’ success.
• Supportive library staff to help kids enjoy reading.
The Sooke Library is at 2065 Anna Marie Rd.