Studies have shown that a phenomenon known as Electromagnetic Sensitivity exists but can find no correlation between people who report it and magnetic fields. Scientists believe it is either caused by an unknown physical condition or is psychological.
A systematic review in 2005 looked at the results of 31 studies and only seven reported any positive effect. Of those seven; two could not be replicated, two had contradictory results and the last three were systematically flawed. The authors concluded:
“The symptoms described by ‘electromagnetic hypersensitivity’ sufferers can be severe and are sometimes disabling. However, it has proved difficult to show under blind conditions that exposure to electromagnetic fields can trigger these symptoms. This suggests that ‘electromagnetic hypersensitivity’ is unrelated to the presence of electromagnetic fields, although more research into this phenomenon is required.”
So, before we all start pointing fingers at smart meters and cell phone towers, maybe we could use our heads, be skeptical and look at the science.