barbecue

Dustin Riley carries his son Gavin around the 2015 Ukee Days fairgrounds. (Douglas Ludwig photo)

Family and friends honour Ucluelet’s Coastal Cowboy

The Blue Room chef Dustin Riley is remembered for his big heart, community spirit, and amazing BBQ

 

A West Shore resident tries out a fire hose during a Metchosin FireSmart community barbecue Saturday. (Justin Samanski-Langille/News Staff)

PHOTOS: Community BBQ helps Metchosin and Sc’ianew First Nation get FireSmart

Saturday’s event served both to bring the communities together and share important safety messages

 

Oak Bay Mayor Kevin Murdoch shares his tips for success on the barbecue. (Black Press Media file photo)

RECIPE: Get grilling with Oak Bay Mayor Kevin Murdoch

Share your favourite summertime recipe with our readers; email editor@oakbaynews.com

 

Saanich Mayor Fred Haynes. (Devon Bidal/News Staff)

Saanich mayor shares recipe for lemon vegetable kebabs ahead of grilling season

As grilling season approaches, Saanich Mayor Fred Haynes is sharing his family’s…

Saanich Mayor Fred Haynes. (Devon Bidal/News Staff)
The Saanich Fire Department was called to a barbecue fire likely caused by faulty fuel lines in mid-May. (Photo courtesy Capt. Carl Trepels)

Welcome to grilling season: Saanich firefighter talks barbecue safety tips

Grills should be cleaned, serviced prior to use, firefighter says

The Saanich Fire Department was called to a barbecue fire likely caused by faulty fuel lines in mid-May. (Photo courtesy Capt. Carl Trepels)
Recipes from the Grill with Chef Heidi Fink

Recipes from the Grill with Chef Heidi Fink

Savoury flavours grilled to perfection

  • Sep 11, 2018
Recipes from the Grill with Chef Heidi Fink
Inspired Chef with Chris Jones of Jones Bar B Que

Inspired Chef with Chris Jones of Jones Bar B Que

Bringing authentic Texas barbecue to Vancouver Island

  • Aug 31, 2018
Inspired Chef with Chris Jones of Jones Bar B Que
Yvette Fornelli suffered a life-threatening injury from a tiny bristle from a barbecue brush. Tim Collins/Victoria News

Victoria woman alerts public about dangers of stray BBQ brush wires

Bristle in food leads serious intestinal surgery

  • Jun 23, 2017
Yvette Fornelli suffered a life-threatening injury from a tiny bristle from a barbecue brush. Tim Collins/Victoria News